If you’re flossing every day, and making sure you brush your teeth at least two times a day, you’re doing a great job of maintaining the health of your smile. But it’s still important to regularly visit one of our hygienists so that we can help you maintain your overall oral health and work to prevent any potential problems.
Dr. Dukovich and team are firm believers in preventive dentistry. At your regular hygiene appointment, your hygienist will:
- Update your medical and dental history
- Obtain necessary diagnostic radiographs
- Perform a head and neck oral cancer screening
- Check and review the status of your gums and supporting bone
- Remove plaque and calculus through hand and/or power instrumentation
- Polish the teeth for plaque and stain removal
- Deliver fluoride treatments as needed for cavity prevention or sensitiviy relief
- Provide oral hygiene instructions and nutrition counseling
- Give recommendations for home care aids and further periodontal treatment if necessary
Dr. Dukovich or Dr. Korch will then perform an evaluation and create a treatment plan specific to your needs.